Last updated: May 18, 2022
appNovi believes privacy is a right for everyone.
Our privacy practices are informed by key principles:
appNovi is responsible for the protection of Personal Information given to us.
We inform people when we collect their Personal Information and we honor their contact preferences.
Work With Trusted Parties
We necessitate that our partners commit to privacy policies and standards that we consider appropriate. We select trustworthy vendors and suppliers to process our Personal Information and we oblige them to commit to appropriate privacy and data security standards.
Privacy by Design
We incorporate our ideals of privacy in our product development and customer experience.
Data Integrity and Least Necessary Information
We collect Personal Information for specific and legitimate business purposes. We collect only what is necessary, store it safely and accurately, use it for its intended purpose, and retain it only as long as we need to.
We share with our customers the joint value we derive from processing their Personal Information
We implement technical, organizational, and physical security measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for the Personal Information we process.
This privacy statement applies to our online privacy practices and it may apply to our offline data collection, if we refer to this statement. It tells you which information we collect when you visit appNovi’s websites (“Sites”), and how we use it.
If you use our products, other privacy disclosures and information apply.
Read the following article to know more about GDPR-related questions and documentation.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our Sites to request trials, subscribe to a whitepaper, request online product demonstrations, or contact us, we ask you to provide information about yourself (“Your Information”) that may include:
Contact details, including your name, business address, business email address, phone number, the company you work for, your job title or business role, your area of responsibility, your country or region;
Log data, including information such as your computer’s IP address, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages you visit on our Site, time spent on those pages, the information you search for on our Site, access times, and dates, and other statistics;
History of interaction with our web pages and traffic data relating to your Internet connection;
Other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
Providing your data is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as trial and demo requests, or to access content such as whitepapers. In such cases, if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to fulfill your request for products or supporting materials.
How we use your information
We use your information mainly to engage with you, provide support services, make it easy to navigate our Sites, improve our Sites and our products based on your interactions, and to offer you content and services that might interest you.
We use your information as follows, where data processing is necessary to establish or administer our agreement with you:
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services
- Allow you to register products or services purchased on behalf of your company;
- Communicate support services and critical service updates
- Provide you with technical and customer support, and enable the provisioning of services
- Register you for events
- Determine your qualifications and suitability as a vendor, and make decisions to purchase goods or services from you
- Determine the entity you are connecting from
We use your information as follows, where data processing is based on our legitimate business interests to communicate with you and improve your and other users’ experience, improve our products and services, ensure our security, and defend our legal rights:
- Subscribe you to newsletters, and manage your subscriptions and preferences
- Call you or email you with updates and marketing as described in this statement
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns and sales opportunities
- Solicit your opinion or request feedback
- Research and implement product improvements and product updates
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services, and Sites
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our Sites
- Secure our systems and applications
- Enforce our legal rights and comply with legal requirements
- Monitor, administer, and analyze the usage of the Sites
- increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness
We may also use your information where processing is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal processes or lawful requests. Lastly, we may use your information with your consent, where required by applicable law.
Contact us – your rights
appNovi Inc., in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US, is the controller of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our privacy and security practices you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have the right to request access to your information and to rectify it, to object to data processing, to request the erasure of your information, and to withdraw your prior given consent. Can exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com
- Have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority
Information we receive from third parties
Third parties may provide us with information about you from online and offline sources. We may aggregate received information with the information we already have about you, to provide you with a better experience, determine your interest in our products, and improve the quality of our offerings. For instance, we use third-party web analytics tools to pool together contact information collected through any of our forms or email campaigns with the contact information provided by you via opt-in on other websites’ forms or email – to identify you when you visit our websites.
We may also aggregate your information with information collected from other website visitors, to generate statistics, and analyze and understand how visitors use appNovi’s Sites.
Information use in marketing
We use your information to contact you with appNovi newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, and other information and products that may be of interest to you, including personalized predictive recommendations. This may include using demographic, geographic, firmographic, or trend data provided by third parties, where permitted. Contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses, may be used to contact you.
If you do not want us to email you, you can choose not to give your permission on the web pages and/or forms with which we collect your information. Please note that in some regions this may involve un-checking a box.
At any time, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication, or by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies, pixels, and other similar web technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device by websites that you visit or HTML-formatted emails you open. You can choose to reject or turn off cookies through your browser settings and you can manage your preferences through our cookie consent manager.
You can also manage your cookies to control your information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the Sites.
You may opt-out of third party cookies at the following websites:
Prevent tracking of your online activity
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal.
Please note that our websites may not recognize or react in response to DNT signals from Web browsers. At present, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
For more detailed information about cookies, Do-Not-Track, and other tracking technologies, please visit allaboutcookies.org and allaboutdnt.com.
How your information may be shared
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away your information. We only share your information as described below, with our affiliates, business partners, service providers that process the information on our behalf, and law enforcement. If we share your information, we require those we share it with to comply with appropriate privacy and confidentiality requirements and security standards.
We may share Your Information with our business partners and channel partners so that they can provide you with information on our products or services, or follow up on a sales lead. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly in the footer of the partner’s email to you.
Entities that process data on appNovi’s behalf
We may employ third party companies and individuals to provide services associated with the Site, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of the Site’s features), to analyze the usage of our Site or to conduct marketing activities on our behalf (e.g., email management firms and internet advertising platforms, etc.), to perform collection services, to deliver requested goods and services to you. We do not allow Service Providers to share your information with others without our authorization, or to use it for their own purposes.
We may also share non-Personal Information (such as aggregated usage data and demographics, referring pages, platform types, click counts, etc.) with third parties to help us understand usage patterns for our services, etc.
Government and Law Enforcement
We may only disclose personal information to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant, or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction
- A legal process that has the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that by refusing to provide such information, we would be in breach of local law, and we or our officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process
- Where such disclosure is necessary for us to enforce our legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to the data subject
appNovi may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all its assets, through a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such events, customer information is usually one of the business assets transferred. If we are acquired, a substantial portion of our assets is sold, or experience some other change in control, your information may be part of the assets acquired by or transferred to a third party. We will notify you of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
The security of your information
The security of your information is important to us. We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Your Information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage, or destruction. These measures include:
- Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities, and secure destruction of media containing your information
- Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-malware, encryption, monitoring of our systems and data centers, firewalls, encrypted channels, and secure communications software, to safeguard the confidentiality of your information
- Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect personal information. Our organization’s privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of your information.
Our Site contains links to other websites owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We do not exercise control over third-party websites and we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by appNovi and one or more of our business partners. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Our websites are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from them.
This privacy statement may be changed or updated from time to time, which we will reflect at the beginning of this statement. Please check this privacy statement from time to time to make sure that you are aware of our current privacy practices.